Becoming phobia free in minutes is a very real possibility. I know this to be true as I used to have a very intense phobia involving snakes. Just imagine, a grown man totally freaking out, sweat pouring down his forehead at the mere sight of a snake. This used to be my reality a few years ago – that is until I found out how to become phobia free.
Before I continue with this blog post, let me make a fine distinction between fears and phobias. Fears for the most part take a little more time to get a person scared. A perfect example of this would be asking someone you find attractive out for a date. As you approach this person, a little trembling voice inside your head might start to freak you out a bit – “what if they reject me?”. On the other hand, I could be totally wrong – you may not be the type of person who has a problem asking someone out on a date. Regardless, you probably get my point. With a fear, you need to do things inside your mind to get you freaked out. Whereas with phobias, it happens in an instant. If you have some type of phobia, be it snakes, spiders, heights, etc., can you remember the last time you had to “talk yourself” into getting scared? Not likely, as it would have occurred in an instant.
The technique to become phobia free in minutes is widely known as the Fast Phobia Cure. While this particular technique is used for phobias, it can generally be used for any type of PTSD/Trauma like symptoms.
Become Phobia Free
- Rate your phobia on a scale of 1 to 10 and jot or remember this number for later.
- Close your eyes and imagine that you are in your favorite movie theater. Experience this as fully as possible – become aware of the screen, the decor, and the people sitting around you (if there is any).
- Pick phobic experience that you would like to get rid of. If you aren’t aware of the original event that caused this phobia, just think any time when you encountered this phobic event.
- Take a simple “snapshot” of this particular event and place it on the screen in front of you.
- Observe this snapshot and become aware of the “sensory qualities” of it and alter them so it looks less intense. Make it black and white, dim, small, fuzzy, far away, two-dimensional. If it is from your own eyes, alter it so that its you looking at yourself.
- Now allow the changes that you made to this snapshot, to “bleed over” to the rest of this mental movie of this phobic experience.
- Imagine yourself floating up and out of your body into the projection booth. While you are in the projection booth, you can look down over at the you sitting in the seat watching the screen.
- Start the movie on the screen and allow this movie to go from the beginning all the way to the end. Once this movie is done, float back down into your body.
- Now imagine that you are jumping into this newly revised mental movie.
- Now imagine that this movie is rewinding inside your mind. See everything happen in revserse, hear all of the sounds playing in reverse. Once you have reached the beginning of the movie, jump back out, and right back into the end of this movie. Then let the movie play in reverse, but even faster this time. Keep doing this, until you can reverse the whole movie in about a second. Then repeat this about 5 or more times.
- This time around rate your phobic experience on a level from 1 to 10. If it is still not at a level that you find comfortable repeat step 11 until it becomes comfortable for you.
If this didn’t work quite as well as you wanted it to, here are some more tips.
- Have some music playing in the background in the theatre that makes you feel giddy (Circus music anyone?)
- Imagine that someone you trust deeply is sitting next to you in the theater.
- Make the snapshot look like a cartoon.
As an added bonus, I am offering a free hypnosis audio to people that subscribe to my newsletter that will help to make the changes from the become phobia free technique more permanent. This hypnotic audio is just not for this particular technique, but can be used to make any kind of positive change more permanent.
Please let me know how this technique works out for you