Hypnotic Handshake Induction
Yes you heard that right – how to hypnotize someone with a simple handshake. I’m not going to go into a ton of boring drawn out theory about why it works. The main principle behind how this way to hypnotize someone is extremely simple. When a person reaches out to shake your hand, you reach your hand out. Handshakes for the most part are unconscious reactions. What would happen if this unconscious pattern were to be disrupted? For starters you would be left with a small window of confusion that could be utilized to develop into a full fledged trance. This is known as a pattern interrupt.
When you decide to practice this hypnotic handshake induction, make sure you have your subjects permission. Even if you do try to hypnotize someone covertly with this particular induction, more than likely it would fail and you would possibly get punched. Remember that hypnosis is not something that you do to someone its something that you do with them. Below are simple instructions how to do the hypnotic handshake induction and a video from my friend Nathan Thomas.
Break down of the Hypnotic Handshake Induction
- Get permission first
- Reach out to shake the persons hand
- Before your hand meets their hand, use your other hand to lightly grab them by their wrist
- Gently pull their hand up in front of their face
- Verbally bring their attention to their hand and say something along the lines of “look at your hand…and notice how your vision is starting to change” while you slowly move their hand towards their face.
- Continue with verbal patter/suggestions.
When should you use the Hypnotic Handshake Induction?
- Only use it when you have permission
- Use it with someone that is not familiar with the hypnotic handshake induction.
To get more hypnosis tips delivered straight to your email Subscribe to the newsletter.